People Monuments Fittings and Furnishings Early History The Medieval Building The Reformation The Seventeenth and Eighteenth Centuries The South Chapel Restoration and Enrichment 1770 Nineteenth Century Radical Restoration Stained Glass Windows The Twentieth Century The Sharing of the Church Church and Community Hall New Church Roof 2010
The organ, which was given by the fourth baronet to mark his 'Coming of Age' , has long disappeared. It was made in 1768 by John Snetzler. A companion organ formerly at 20 St James's Square and Wynnstay is now in the National Museum of Wales in Cardiff.
Roger Kenyon was present at the opening of the organ and has left us this description:-
September 7 Overton.
The organ was not as expensive as the
Copyright St Mary's Church Ruabon